Take advantage of the abundance of peanuts to produce your own homemade peanut butter and get a food much more natural and healthy. With this recipe you get a creamy and healthy (if not over-consume) peanut butter, in an amount of about 1 kilogram.
- 1 kg of roasted peanuts
- 3 teaspoons of honey
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- 5 tablespoons peanut oil or olive oil
Preparation of roasted peanuts:
- First clean very well the peanut shell, and then mix them with 2 tablespoons oil and 1 teaspoon of salt, until all the vegetables (yes, peanuts are a legume) are well smeared with oil.
- Now spread all peanuts on baking sheets, and take them to cook for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees, stirring every so often to prevent burning.
- When you have the roasted peanuts, let them cool and scrape out the shell and skin to use in the peanut butter.
Preparation of peanut butter:
- Pour the roasted peanuts in a food processor or blender in one or two parts, depending on the capacity of your device. Throw in 3 teaspoons of honey, 2 teaspoons salt and 3 tablespoons oil.
- Processes all very well for a few minutes, so peanuts go grinding into a smooth and creamy paste.
- When you have your peanut butter list, you can easily book it up for a couple of months in the refrigerator in a suitable container, to smear on bread or as a filling or preparing other foods, so bring a very nutritious and tasty touch.
Do not forget that peanut butter has interesting amounts of dietary fiber, protein and trace elements, as well as the beneficial resveratrol, so you have a small reserve of this rich food is very advisable to enrich a healthy diet.